Monday, June 8, 2020

2020 Miss Interglobal: Introducing Miss Latvia Liene Leitāne




Liene Leitāne will represent Latvia in the upcoming 2020 Miss Interglobal pageant.

Liene, 23, with a height of 173 cm. unfolds her story:

"I have grown up and spent my childhood in a small village in the countryside, loving nature and animals around. When I was a kid I loved to gather flowers and give them all the time to my parents."

"During my study years I lived and spent most of my time in the capital city of my country, Riga.  I am a graduate, with a Degree in Culture Management."

"I am a huge animal lover, especially dogs. I believe that they share a smart message with us humans and we can learn a lot through their love. One of them is that happiness is in small and simple things. In October, it will be a year since I have my own first dog. I made a decision to adopt a dog from shelter and I feel like it was the best thing to do."

"As well from a young age I am really connected to arts - especially music. I graduated in an art school but through my life I can connect myself more with music, because I love to sing, as well play guitar and write my own music. My artistic side, I am expressing by doing photography now for like 3 years already. I enjoy doing portrait photos with people, and as well the editing part, where I can experiment with lights and colors. Recently, I have made the decision to get involved also in videography. I am having a small dream also about an acting career, but so far never found the time to get into that field deeper. As well I enjoy being in photoshoots myself. My first and only experience so far for pageants, has been 2019 November in Dubai, UAE, where I got 2nd Runner-Up title," she cheerfully concluded.

Most amazing thing about her country:

"To Latvia, a lot of tourists come to visit to see architecture. It is a combination of old traditional buildings, as well as ex communist buildings and modern architecture combined. The middle of the capital city is split into two parts by the river Daugava. The country has amazing landscapes passing from enchanted forest to the Baltic Sea. We still have a lot of our forests (and i hope it will stay like this) which makes our country one of the greenest and cleanest in North Europe."

"Every five years, for one week, we commemorate The Nationwide Latvian Song and Dance Celebration. It involves hundreds of choirs and folk dance groups. I also had the honor to participate in 2013 by singing in choir and it was a magical feeling."

"Latvia is one of the few European countries where still today, just like hundreds of years ago, a celebration of the summer solstice is held. Līgo is the shortest night of the year – from June 23 to 24, where we sing folk songs and dance, girls make flower crowns from meadows flowers and men wear a crown of oak leaves. We gather with friends and family, drink beer and eat cheese and other special made foods, jumping over bonfires, as well there are a lot of traditions." 

The first edition of Miss Interglobal will take place in India.

Advocacy of Miss Interglobal: PEACH
P - Peace amongst all nations and Poverty Alleviation
E - Education and Empowerment
A - Advocacy against Domestic Violence
C - Climate Action
H - Health and Well being


(Photo Courtesy: Liene Leitāne / Miss Interglobal)


Advertisement (Below):
"Bed" - click and search for available hotels worldwide
"Plane" - click and search for available flights worldwide
Navigate other boxes for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...