Friday, May 29, 2020

Astonishing Interview with Charlotte Lister, Ms Diamond South Yorkshire 2019



Charlotte Lister, the current Ms Diamond South Yorkshire 2019 titleholder amazed us with her life, her obstacles and achievements.

When she's not competing in pageants, she is a wonderful mum to her pretty daughter and worked in a manufacturing company. Her current crown Ms Diamond South Yorkshire will lead her to Ms Diamond U.K. and then eventually to Regency International.

Here is our latest interview with her:

1. What is your purpose in joining pageants?

I joined pageants in 2012 after being scouted for a Miss England Heat unfortunately they don't allow mothers to compete so I did some research and found another system called Miss British Empire. I entered my local heat which was York and had no idea what to expect. I didn't win or even place but I loved the whole experience especially as I was voted Miss Congenitally and Best Dressed. From there I competed in Miss British Empire Sheffield which I won and then won the publicity award at the U.K. final.

That was it I was hooked I competed internationally at Face of Globe representing England and it's my dream to do that again.

After that I won Ms Royal International Miss U.K. Role model and placed 3rd Runner-Up in Ms Earth U.K. I then had a break from pageants.

After a break I decided to compete in the Ms Diamond Pageant as it allows all ages, sizes and material status to enter, it really does allow all women to be empowered through pageantry.

Due to COVID19 the final has been postponed which means I get to keep my regional title longer and continue my work with my platform which is cancer awareness and end of life care.

2. What did you learn from your co-candidates?

My fellow diamonds are incredible, we work together on campaigns and we really are a family constantly supporting each other and even more so during lockdown.

3. What motivates you to achieve your goals?

I'm a very competitive person I think that's because I worked in the sales industry.

I set out my goals and then turn them in small goals with a time scale. Doing this really keeps me motivated. Due to lockdown all of my appearances were cancelled but instead of sitting back forgetting about pageants I made a conscious effort to keep pageants in the forefront of my mind. So I started a lockdown pageant blog this started highlighting online campaigns as well as any press and charity work I was doing on a weekly basis this then developed into interviewing fellow pageant queens from across the globe. This allowed me to learn more about queens platforms and help share there Pageant journeys.

4. What is your plan in the next 5 or 10 years?

Over the next 5 years I would love to have been able to compete internationally again at the Regency International pageant. Personal wise we are wanting to move into a larger house and work wise just continue what I'm doing. Writing about all things pageants had made me want to do this more so I would love to write a book one day about pageants in the U.K.

5. Give advice to young people or children who wants to follow your footsteps.

For anyone wanting to enter pageants do it. They are an incredible experience that allows you to make a difference in your community, learn new skills, make new friends and potentially travel and learn about different cultures.

But you need to research your pageant systems and find the right one for you that links with yours goals and platform.

Then practice your walk as much as you can, walking in heels on a stage without looking down is a skill which needs practice. Also chose a platform that is personal to you as you will discuss this during an interview with the judges for example mine is cancer awareness and end of life care, this is because I have lost 3 grandparents to cancer, my dad is in remission, my aunt is fighting breast cancer now and my last reason is because I found a lump in my breast a couple of years ago, it was nothing serious but it's made me become an advocate for my own health and hopefully other people too. On my Facebook page I filmed a video about how to check your breast for changes and how often you need to do it. This video could potentially save someone's life and that's what pageants are all about for me helping and supporting people.







Lastly, your message to your fans and supporters?

I would just like to say a thank you to my friends and family for their support over the last 13 months. My directors Tina and Danni for answering my questions constantly and to every single queen that has supported my pageant lockdown blog without them all it wouldn't be possible.

For more pageant interviews, visit Charlotte's Pageant Lockdown Blog:


(Photo Courtesy: Charlotte Lister / Dfish Pix)


Advertisement (Below):
"Bed" - click and search for available hotels worldwide
"Plane" - click and search for available flights worldwide
Navigate other boxes for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...